Medina Christian Academy’s early childhood program provides a secure, loving, Christ-centered environment that is focused on developing each child academically, spiritually, and socially. The curriculum includes focused instruction in literacy, phonics, and numeracy while developing social skills and responsibility. A hands-on, sensory approach encourages observation and exploration.Learn About Our Academic Philosophy
Christ-centered focus on academic, spiritual & social development
Pre-K 3, Pre-K 4 & Kindergarten Prep Programs
raising them up in truth
- AM Class meets Tuesday and Thursday morning from 8:30-11:30am
- Our PK3 program provides a safe, nurturing, fun environment where your child can be introduced into an academic setting. Students are introduced to early childhood readiness skills.
- Small group activities will be used to help develop social skills such as friendship, cooperation, sharing, and fine motor skills such as cutting and pasting.
- Large group activities will be used to help develop large motor skills.
- Learning centers will be used to help children develop skills at a pace at which they are developmentally ready. Numbers, letters, colors, shapes, handwriting, and explorations of science topics will be introduced at these centers.
- Bible truths that emphasize God’s love will be taught during Bible time. Students will learn weekly memory verses to reinforce these important truths.
- Technology is also integrated into the classroom with the use of SMARTboard technology and iPads.
- PK3 students will also participate in music class and PE.
- PK3 students will participate in both the Christmas musical and the Spring Concert.
Setting the stage for a love of learning
Classes & Programs
The Association of Christian Schools International curriculum is used to teach students about the love of God and develop their faith journey. Students experience physical education and music classes and participate in MCA’s Christmas and spring musical programs. MCA’s mission in early childhood is to provide a fun, stimulating, safe, and nurturing introduction to school that sets the stage for a lifetime love of learning.Schedule a Visit
offerings for young learners
- AM Class meets on Monday, Wednesday and Friday mornings 8:30-11:30am
- Our PK4 program readies children to be successful in a classroom setting. Students will learn social skills such as following directions and how to play and share with others in a safe and nurturing environment.
- Academic skills such as letter recognition, letter sounds, handwriting, scissor skills, number recognition, counting, are taught via fun and engaging games, songs, poems, and stories.
- Bible truths are taught and accompanied by weekly Bible lessons.
- In addition to classroom time, students will participate in music and physical education.
- PK4 students will participate in the Christmas program and the Spring Concert.
CONVENIENT CHILD CARE OPPORTUNITIES
ACADEMY LEARNING CENTER
Our Academy Learning Center (ALC) provides working families with a convenient child care option for before and/or after school hours. The ALC is available before and after school care for any families enrolled in Medina Christian Academy.
To assist working families, the ALC is open from 6:30am-6:00pm Monday-Friday on any day that school is in session. Please refer to the MCA school calendar for any days that may differ due to early release.Request More Information
offerings for young learners
- Class meets on Monday through Friday afternoons 12:30-3:20pm
- Kindergarten Prep is specially designed for those students who do not yet meet Kindergarten readiness due to age or overall readiness.
- In Kindergarten Prep we focus on refining the academic skills either learned at home or in preschool to better prepare for the academic rigor of Kindergarten. Students benefit from a smaller atmosphere where teachers are able to focus on each student and their needs.
- Fine motor skills are a huge part of the Kindergarten Prep experience as writing is such an integral part of the learning process.
- Working on the student’s independence is also a major portion of the curriculum as it is important for the student to be confident in learning to complete activities on their own.
- Social and emotional skills also play a role in learning to work independently and problem-solving and Kindergarten Prep is designed to help foster an atmosphere of learning and developing those skills.
- We follow the same academic guidelines in academics as our elementary in the areas of phonics, handwriting, reading, math and writing. Science and social studies are integrated where appropriate in the curriculum.
- Bible truths are taught and accompanied by weekly lessons.
- In addition to classroom time, students will participate in library, music, and physical education.
- Kindergarten Prep students will participate in the Christmas program and the spring concert.