Medina Christian Academy provides each student with a steadfast Christian education devoted to academic excellence and developing the love of learning, the love of Christ, and the love of others. MCA’s curriculum is driven by the most recent educational data and includes daily Bible instruction, phonics instruction to develop independent and confident readers, full STEAM integration in each classroom, hands-on science instruction, social studies, guided mathematics, and Spanish lessons. In addition, students participate in an active physical education program, technology and computer classes, interactive iPad learning, art, music, library, and choir. Field trips solidify learning in the classroom, and students participate in ACSI Creative Writing Festival, Speech Meet, and Math Olympics. Weekly chapels with a variety of speakers help to develop students’ understanding of God and their relationship with Christ.Learn About Our Academic Philosophy
growing in academics & faith
offerings for your young learner
- Medina Christian Academy offers full day Kindergarten.
- Kindergarten students are instructed in English language & literacy, guided reading, mathematics, handwriting, Bible, science, social studies, art, library, music, Spanish and physical education.
- Kindergarten students participate in weekly chapel services. Each Kindergarten class has the opportunity to minister to the school by being in charge of one chapel service per year.
- Kindergarten students participate in the Christmas program and the spring concert.
- Each spring all Kindergarten students take a nationally administered TerraNova standardized exam.
- Kindergarten classrooms are equipped with Smartboard technology, computer stations, and incorporate the use of iPads into the daily routine.
growth in academics, social skills, and spiritual walks
faith & academics
We know that God created each child with special gifts, and MCA offers a safe, nurturing environment to empower and prepare him or her to thrive academically, spiritually, and socially. At the intermediate level, a 1:1 technology classrooms allows students to become prepared for a technologically-based world as well as stay engaged and learn vital research skills. Students at this level also participate in an overnight trip to develop a sense of community and independence and deepen their faith.
a wide variety of academics
1st - 6th Grades
- Students are instructed in English language & literacy, guided reading, handwriting, mathematics, Bible, science, social studies, art, library, music, Spanish and physical education.
- Students are introduced to cursive writing in third grade and continue through middle school.
- All first through sixth grade students participate in weekly chapel services. Each class has the opportunity to minister to the school by being in charge of one chapel service per year.
- Students in first through sixth grades participate in the ACSI Spelling Bee which fosters proper and confident communication skills while developing vocabulary and accurate word usage. Students have the opportunity to advance and represent their school at a regional spelling bee.
- Students in first through sixth grades participate in the ACSI Speech Meet which provides students an opportunity to develop effective public speaking skills in an audience situation.
- Students in third through sixth grades participate in the ACSI Math Olympics which fosters an interest in mathematics.
All classrooms are equipped with Smartboard technology, computer stations, and incorporate the use of iPads into the curriculum.
- Whole Group, small Group, and individualized instruction techniques are used to meet the needs of our students.
- Each spring all first through sixth grade students take a nationally administered TerraNova standardized exam. The testing is used to provide achievement scores for students, teachers, and parents to better understand how well students perform in Language Arts, Reading, Math, Science and Social Sciences. In recent years, MCA students have earned high scores on all aspects of this test.
- Students in first through sixth grades participate in the Christmas program and the spring concert.
- Beginning in the fourth grade, students have the opportunity to participate in beginning band and choir (begins in third grade).
teachers dedicated to your child's betterment
pointing them to Christ
It is our mission at Medina Christian Academy to challenge students’ minds and capture their hearts with the love of Jesus. Our dedicated, Christ-focused, licensed teachers make it their daily mission to capture their students’ hearts, develop their students’ minds, and cultivate their potential in Christ.Request More Information