We value the importance of art. We believe that the arts are crucial to developing well-rounded students and leaders that are confident in the unique talents given to them by God. We want to do our part to help foster an environment that praises these gifts and offers students the opportunity to share their talents in significant ways.
Below are just a few of the other reasons we believe in the importance of studying the arts in school:
- Working in the arts helps develop valuable problem-solving skills and independence.
- Art education can help children develop motor skills, language skills, social skills, self-expression, and creativity.
- Art offers students the chance to grow a deeper connection with their faith by exploring what makes them special, as well as the many beautiful gifts which God has given mankind.
- Studying the arts can lead to improved academic performance across the board. Students develop a curiosity for learning and increased concentration.
- The arts can be challenging. This encourages students to develop perseverance and determination as they try to master newfound skills. This perseverance can help them later in life when they are in situations where their faith may be tested.
“Each of you should use whatever gift you have received to serve others, as faithful stewards of God’s grace in various forms.” (1 Peter 4:10)